We sold our EZ tickets yesterday. Here’s why:
1. (By a longshot) Everything is better in Ibiza. Nothing big is worth attending here once you realize this. If you can spare the hundreds it takes for a 3-day pass to EZ, you can save up a little longer and party for real in Europe.
2. Lackluster lineup. I guess I don’t like what the kids are listening to these days. Speaking of…
3. The kids. Ugh. Hey, have I mentioned how much better things are in Europe? They’ve been doing this shit forever and have learned how to not be douchebags.
4. Cost. Kind of ties back to #1. For the amount I’m paying for tickets, plus booze and food, I’d rather wait and go to Europe.
5. Less friends attending. Who I am going to make fun of dubstep with?
I was really looking forward to EZ being a yearly tradition, but that was before Ibiza, and before EDM gained such huge traction in a bad way (i.e. genres of EDM I don’t like became popular/attracted douches). It is absolutely 100% worth it to skip the parties here in order to travel to better ones abroad. I cannot emphasize enough how Spain seriously changed the way I look at everything here.
We did three years of EZ. Three years was enough. Three years was too long. Wish I’d known sooner.